Join GSLI for an in-depth conversation with the CEO of Project Technical Textiles, an east coast manufacturer of high-performance industrial fabrics and composites for a multitude of industries.
The company is looking for a site within 100 miles of a port, from North Carolina to Texas. Though they are open to locations outside of 100 miles, drayage costs must be considered for longer shipping times. They are needing to find an existing 70,000-100,000 sq ft facility within the next 6-8 months. The project will employ 60+ people in 3 years and the annual payroll should reach $3.5-4.0 million after 24 months.
States In Consideration: Southwest and Southeast, specifically Texas to the Carolinas.
Project Technical Textiles Overview:
- Time Frame: 6-12 months
- Looking to buy an existing building but also open to a long-term lease or lease to own. Purchasing is preferred if they can secure low-cost financing i.e. industrial revenue bonds, etc.
- Project Location of interest: Southeast to southwest states
- Building or land needs?: Existing building and BTS
- Open to considering a lease buyback. The lease must be a long-term option because of equipment moving costs.
- Building Specs: 70,000-100,000 sq ft
- Land Specs: <5 acres
- Jobs created: Y1-25, Y2-50, Y3-60+
- 75% floor workers/25% salaried admin/technical/management
- +/-35 hourly production
- +/- 5 maintenance workers
- 4-5 production supervision
- 5-7 salaries technical (quality/engineering)
- 5-7 office admin (customer service, scheduling, expediting, accounting)
- Special Location Needs: High interest in being located within 100 miles of a port (not a determining factor), a rail-served site is not important
- Capital Investment:+/- $5,000,000
- Annual payroll: $3.5-4.0 million after 24 months.
- Electric: Year 1-1,200,000 Kwh, Year 2-1,600,000 Kwh, Year 3-2,000,000+ Kwh
- Natural Gas: Year 1-50,000 dth, Year 2-75,000 dth, Year 3-100,000 dth
- New equipment to be invested in the facility will be approx. $2-2.5m over the first year
- Relocated equipment: $5m
If you’d like to submit a proposal containing sites to the project, please do so directly by logging in as a guest or member in the Project Portal. Search “Technical Textiles”, claim your free lead, and quickly submit your proposal.
Non-alliance member communities are encouraged to use their one free lead submission on GSLI’s projects. Non-member communities receive 1 submission per 12-month time frame. Please review the project scope before submitting. Our team vets all submissions and will review proposals with the Technical Textiles team after the submission deadline has passed. Member sites receive first review by the project.
If you identified that you do not meet the minimum critical site criteria, we ask that you do not submit on this project. Out of consideration for the company’s time, we are requesting sites that can at least meet the minimum site requirements. Please include a cover letter expressing your interest in the project and how you can provide solutions to their needs. Provide any economic opportunities that might pertain to the project. GSLI and Technical Textiles ask that you do not upload submission packets over 30 pages long. We appreciate your cooperation with our policy and we look forward to reviewing your submission!